To others, motivational quotes may seem only as clichés. However, when one becomes tested by great challenges in life, only then will he begin to value the wisdom within such proverbs. Motivational and inspirational quotes have made a massive contribution to the lives of many people today. They have lent a hand to many, especially to those who have faced challenging situations which eventually helped to surface their potentials and capabilities which they thought they didn’t have. Sometimes, success takes a lifetime to pursue, which means that trials would certainly become unpredictable. So, it’s best to always take some motivation by heart.
Here are some motivational sayings quoted from world-famous writers, celebrities, scientists, and other influential champions, among others, who have in the same way experienced great trials prior to their achievements.
- Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
The past can never be undone. However, many people seem to be held back by it, which hinders them to anticipate a brighter future. That’s one of the reasons why some people give up easily. Fortunately, among the many motivational quotes, this one says that it’s alright to have made mistakes in the past and that it shouldn’t define who we are right now or what our future will be.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. – Vince Lombardi
Simply put, no one is perfect. Mistakes are inevitable, of course, since we are only human and that’s alright. However, the level of perfection in all our efforts may only be measured by the amount of determination and heart that we put to it. There is no perfect kind of success, but only an ideal feel of satisfaction whenever you continue to give your very best in all your endeavors.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
A champion is not made up of pure talent and greatness. Rather, he is made up of every pain that he has endured, every mistake that he has accepted and every attempt he has made to climb after every fall. Experience-wise, true champions know which to value more. It’s not the good times alone, but also the times of sufferings, which eventually made them pursue and overcome it in order to prevail in life.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
Mistakes can certainly be disheartening. Fortunately, few motivational quotes have shed light on the subject of failure so we may see things differently – just like this one. It says that mistakes, depending on how we see them, can also become keys to success. The best way to approach mistakes is to see them not as stumbling stones, but as stepping stones that can take us to a better life path.
- It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. – Tony Robbins
Every decision that we make in life matters, no matter how big or small. This is simply because each choice we make will branch out to a whole new path of ‘now’. Some choices cannot be undone, so we must always take the time to weigh them and, hopefully, choose the best each time. Most importantly, it is how we own up to our choices at the end of the day.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all. – Dale Carnegie
The hardest things to do are actually the same things that are easiest for us to give up on. To many, they seem impossible. However, the amazing innovations that we have today are brought into the world by few exceptional people who have made their best efforts to achieve something great, single-handedly. Motivational quote such as this can greater cater to us, especially in times when we feel like quitting.
- We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
When things don’t go as planned, it can become a frustration. Consequently, we waste time as we insist on the same things over and over again. Sometimes, we need to accept things as they are and think for a second that maybe we are meant for different things that are equally great or even greater than what we’ve been expecting. Know when to accept failures but never stop pursuing greener pastures.
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
It’s not the winning moments that are considered as fundamental elements of success, but the failures themselves. Essentially, failures are what keep us on trying until we are able to prevail over them. Sure, some get lucky with a one-shot success, but nothing really beats the taste of sweet success after a series of bitter failures. This is one of the motivational quotes that has served as fuels for many champions around the world.
- I do not have superior intelligence or faultless looks. I do not captivate a room or run a mile under six minutes. I only succeeded because I was still working after everyone else went to sleep. – Greg Evans
Perseverance weighs more than perfection itself. This is simply because it is our labor that gives birth to perfection. Hard work and dedication are key aspects that we need to develop in order to succeed. Success doesn’t simply happen overnight, just as tiny mustard seeds don’t grow into enormous trees in one day. Everything takes time, so we have to dedicate our time to something that we want to accomplish.
- What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sometimes, we can be taken aback by our past failures, which cause us to worry about future disappointments, too. The truth is, the past can only be a reminder of our failures, but it should never become grounds for us to never try again, nor should it predict our future. We can only hope for a better tomorrow, so when opportunities come, recognize the strengths that you have inside you.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain
How you live today will soon become a token of good memories, so be bold to live your life while you can. Take risks. Sure, you might regret some of the choices that you make but it’s alright as long as try to make up for it. Not taking risks is like hoarding disappointments and realizing it when it’s too late. So, take note of these motivational quotes and enjoy life.
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. – Deuteronomy 31:6
This is one of the best motivational quotes. The truth is, it’s okay to be scared. It’s not something that we can just simply talk ourselves out of. However, we can still have the courage to face our fears if we rely on the faithful help of God. There’s such a thing as supernatural courage and that’s something that we don’t naturally have but is divinely provided by God, especially in times when we need it the most.
So, just remember these motivational quotes, especially in times of great effort. They will surely serve you well like how they have served the great men who have quoted them.